Arometrix Extraction Finder (C1D1-Compliant)
The Arometrix EXTRACTION FINDER is a real-time molecular monitoring system that enables extraction technicians to maximize extraction efficiency on every run.
Traditionally, the extraction process has been more of an art, where technicians rely on intuition, extract color, past experience, and other subjective techniques to change extraction parameters. This is an inefficient way to develop, optimize, or validate an extraction process.
Arometrix’s patented solution is the EXTRACTION FINDER, a revolutionary in-line spectroscopic analyzer designed to scientifically measure the levels of Cannabinoids, Chlorophyll, and Lipids/Fats in the fluid flowing in real-time during the actual extraction process.
Extraction laboratory technicians and managers can utilize this real-time molecular data to inform key process decisions, such as determining when the initial extraction is over. With the EXTRACTION FINDER, extraction technicians can scientifically track solvent saturation of active molecules, as well as undesirable compounds, to continuously improve extraction efficiency.
- Primary sensor installation location: Right after the material column
- Primary purpose: Tracking solvent saturation to determine when the extraction process (wash) is finished
- Secondary sensor installation location: Right after the filtration / CRC column
- Secondary purpose: Tracking the separation of undesirable compounds from the solution to ensure clean output material and maintain QA/QC
- Primary sensor installation location: Right after the centrifuge / wash basin
- Primary purpose: Tracking solvent saturation to determine wash completion
- Primary sensor installation location: Right after the agitation
- Primary purpose: Reduction of Chlorophyll and Lipids in output
Clean in Place (CIP) for Any Extractor
- Primary sensor installation location: Anywhere
- Primary purpose: Identifying leftover material in the extractor during a cleaning in place (CIP) run in between batches and ensuring equipment is clean for cGMP practices
Extraction Finder Sensor
- Standard 1.5″ tri-clamp fittings for easy installation
- Spectroscopic technology for instantaneous analytics
- Intrinsically-safe sensor electronics fully enclosed from all fluid
- Rated to 350 psi / ASME-compliant
- Review complete specification
- Collects and displays real-time molecular data in-line throughout the process
- High-quality, high-resolution touch screen
- Compatible with all Arometrix sensors
Key Software Features
–Molecular Viewing – View up to 3 molecules simultaneously via two different graphing options; select from a list of molecules.
-Intensity Values – Observe numeric molecular intensity levels that correlate with potency
Powered by fluorescence spectroscopy
The AROMETRIX technology utilizes a principle known as fluorescence spectroscopy, a branch of science concerned with measuring molecules based on how they interact with light. The technology uses a spectrum of wavelengths over time to determine the relative purity of oils flowing through a glass condenser or sight glass. This technique paves the way for precision and repeatability, which will yield a more consistent product over time.
– PSI Certified in all 50 states
– NFPA 58 LPG
– Class 1, Division 1 Compliant
– Class 1, Division 2 Compliant
– Read our press release to learn more about our certifications
– Case study for hydrocarbon extraction [hyperlink attached Extraction-Finder-User-Manual-2022-1 ]
– Case study for ethanol extraction [hyperlink attached Extraction-Finder-User-Manual-2022-1 ]
– DabApp for Data Logging- recording run data for traceability: https://arometrix.com/product/dab-app/
– Complete specifications sheet: https://arometrix.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Arometrix-Specifications-2022.pdf
– Certification info from the press release: https://extractionmagazine.com/2021/09/20/arometrix-earns-c1d1-certi%EF%AC%81cation-on-first-and-only-molecular-monitoring-system-for-cannabis-and-hemp-extraction/
– Access more resources: https://arometrix.com/resources
Can this just be hooked up to any extraction system?
Yes! The EXTRACTION FINDER was designed to be highly practical. The enclosed sensor can be mounted to just about any Cannabis or Hemp extraction system via universal tri-clamp fittings in-line. The unit can even be used in distillation, chromatography, and reactors that utilize standard tri-clamp fittings.
What solvents is this compatible with?
The product can be utilized in extractions that utilize the following solvents: Butane, Ethanol, Heptane, Hexane, Isopropanol, Methanol, Pentane, Propane, and Water.
Where should I install this and how will I use the readings?
That depends on the type of extraction and your process goals. Please refer to the “Key Applications” section above. Feel free to contact us to chat further!