FDA cGMP Filter Press 1 Cubic Foot
$28,000.00 – $38,440.00
FDA cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) filter press for lipids removal and for polishing up any Oleoresin dissolved in a solvent. We only sell FDA Compliant filter presses capable of filtering solvents at -40 Celsius.
There is no faster or more convenient way to filter your solution than a filter press. We recommend this unit per batch every +/-2 Hours:
- 22 liters of lipids (fats, waxes)
- 44 liters of crude (@50% lipids)
- 446 liters (118 Gallons) of 10:1 Mixture (Solvent/Crude)
- Plate Size: 470 x 470 mm
- Capacity: 1 cu. ft.
- Expandable to 2 cu. ft. (plates sold separately)
- Reduceable to 0.5 cu. ft. (backer plate sold separately)
- Filter Surface area: 24 sq. ft. (also expandable to 44 sq. ft.)
- Feed Pressure: 100 PSI
- Dimensions: 76”L x 29”W x 46”H
- Filter Plates: Durable, specialty polypropylene for low-temperature operation, EDPM gasketed.
- Filter Cloth: Leak Free, EDPM Gasketed Polypropylene
- Hydraulics Closure: Manual Hydraulic, Vegetable Oil Fluid
- Feed Manifold: 304 Stainless Steel Sanitary Tri-Clamp Type with SS connection plate.
- Manifold Options Included:
- Precoat Manifold
- Center Feed.
- Air Blowdown.
- Feed Pump*: 1” FDA Compliant 316SS Dual Diaphragm pump with Santoprene diaphragms.
- Area Classification: Class 1 Division 1 and 2 Compliant (C1D1 and C1D2)
Benefits of this system:
- FDA cGMP Compliant
- Operate safely at -40 Celsius
- Labor savings.
- Solvent savings.
- Time savings.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Quick and easy to clean.
- We stock all consumables at reasonable prices.
- Multi-function unit can filter solids (Carbon, clay, silica, plant particles), remove lipids, and clarify.
- Fast filtering. Filters under pressure for higher speeds without danger of boiling solvent under vacuum.
- Made in the USA
A) FDA cGMP 1 Cubic Foot Filter Press $28,000.00
B) Add extra plates to covert to 2 Cubic Feet $2,020.00
C) Add CGR Tool Kit for cloth maintenance $495.00
D) Add Viton Plate Gaskets for cold temperature operations. $550.00
E) Add Pre-Coat Tank Stainless Steel $7,320.00
F) Cake Hopper on Caster for Cake Disposal $2,450.00
G) Air Hydraulics: Upgrade from manual closure to Pneumatic $2,590.00
Startup, Support, Training per Day $1,950.00 plus travel expenses
*Various pump materials are available.
This machine is the critical step missing in your MIPs lab between your initial extraction (Ethanol, CO2, BHO) and your solvent recovery system. No more filtering by hand.
Oleoresin must be dissolved in a solvent like ethanol, isopropanol, and methanol. We do not recommend pentane or hexane.
The recessed plate filter press allows you to customize the number of filter plates and thus the filtration capacity of the unit. This versatility allows you to expand your equipment as your operation grows, but also to reduce the capacity when you need to process a small batch.
We design our press with an air bleed system, so you can clear out all your solution from the press and filtration media so there is no waste from soaked filter aides such as DE, clay or carbon or lots of solution in your pipes and plates.
You must have a tank or barrel where your solution is stored, preferably agitated. The included pump will suck the solution from wherever you are storing it and run it through the filtration plates. We can provide an agitation tank for you if one is not available.
Further clarification and decontamination are achieved by using a silica-based filter aide such as DE or Perlite to produce a tincture that is as clear as possible which has been scrubbed of dirt and debris, mold, and bacteria, most color from chlorophyll and other contaminants, heavy metals from fertilizers, and some chemicals from pesticides.
It includes everything needed to get you going (you must supply compressed air), operating instructions, and support.
The unit includes a diaphragm pump with Santoprene diaphragms inert to your solution and tough enough to last for months of service. The diaphragms will work hot or cold and can take large particles without getting clogged or damaged. Diaphragm pumps are easy to use and easy to regulate the speed they operate at, are easy to clean and disassemble, and are easy to repair with easy to source replacement parts. Air powers these pumps, thus eliminating the risk of an explosion caused by sparks in an electric motor. This unit uses one simple pump to power the filter press, send the solution to heating, centrifuge, or recirculate your tincture as it agitates in a tank with additives. Our pump does not have to be primed, so it can suck the solution and pump it to the press at high pressures. From the press, the filtered solution flows in a closed system to your next process such as solvent recovery.
This unit will save you money the day you set it up. Labor savings alone pay for this machine. Because the unit is a closed-loop system, you will not lose solvent to evaporation during filtration.
We manufacture our equipment in the USA by skilled craftsmen using American-made components.
Manufacturing times vary. Shipping will be invoiced separately.