Biomass FDA cGMP Filter Press 20 Cu Ft
$73,080.00 – $91,418.00
FDA cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) filter press designed to filter biomass. We recommend this unit for 400+ pounds of biomass.
This machine will automatically separate your pregnant solvent from biomass, in a closed-loop system. You can process 400+ pounds of biomass every 2-3 hours.
- Plate Size: 800 x 800 mm
- Capacity: 20 cu. ft.
- Reduceable to 8 cu. ft. (backer plate included)
- Filter Surface area: 405 sq. ft.
- Feed Pressure: 100 PSI
- Operating Temperature: -30C to 45C
- Dimensions: 175”L x 55”W x 65”H
- Filter Plates: Durable, specialty polypropylene for low-temperature operation, EDPM gasketed.
- Filter Cloth: Leak Free, EDPM Gasketed Polypropylene
- Hydraulics Closure: Air Operated Automatic, Vegetable Oil Fluid
- Feed Manifold: 304 Stainless Steel Sanitary Tri-Clamp Type with SS connection plate.
- Manifold Options Included:
- Precoat Manifold
- Cake Wash
- Center Feed
- Dual Air Blowdown
- Semi-Automatic Plate Shifter
- Area Classification: Class 1 Division 1 and 2 Compliant (C1D1 and C1D2)
Benefits of this system:
- FDA cGMP Compliant
- Operate safely at -30 Celsius
- Closed-loop system
- Labor savings.
- Solvent savings.
- Time savings.
- Safe and easy to use.
- Quick and easy to clean.
- We stock all consumables at reasonable prices.
- Multi-function unit can filter solids (biomass, carbon, clay, silica), remove lipids, and clarify.
- Fast filtering. Filters under pressure for higher speeds without danger of boiling solvent under vacuum.
- Made in the USA
A) FDA cGMP 5 Cubic Foot Filter Press $61,120.00
B) Add AODD 2″ Feed Pump $11,960
C) Add Dumpster Bins for waste removal to $5,160.00
D) Add CGR Tool Kit for cloth maintenance $495.00
E) Add Viton Plate Gaskets $3,368
F) Add Pre-Coat Tank $9,810
Startup, Support, Training per Day $1,950.00 plus travel expenses
*Various pump materials are available.
This press is designed to filter biomass yet is versatile to filter lipids as well.
The recessed plate filter press allows you to customize the number of filter plates and thus the filtration capacity of the unit. This versatility allows you to expand your equipment as your operation grows, but also to reduce the capacity when you need to process a small batch.
We design our press with an air bleed system, so you can clear out all your solution from the press and filtration media so there is no waste from soaked biomass or lots of solution in your pipes and plates.
You must have an agitated tank where your slurry is stored. The AODD pump will suck the solution from wherever you are storing it and run it through the filtration plates. We can provide an agitation tank for you if one is not available.
All valves and plumbing are included, and we use sanitary Tri-Clamp fittings so this unit is easy to disassemble and clean. We know how nasty and sticky oleoresins are so this machine breaks down quickly so you can clean in compliance with FDA guidelines.
The optional AODD pump with Santoprene diaphragms is inert to your solution and tough enough to last for months of service. The diaphragms will work hot or cold and can take large particles without getting clogged or damaged. Diaphragm pumps are easy to use and easy to regulate the speed they operate at, are easy to clean and disassemble, and are easy to repair with easy-to-source replacement parts. Air powers these pumps, thus eliminating the risk of an explosion caused by sparks in an electric motor. This unit uses one simple pump to power the filter press, send the solution to heating, centrifuge, or recirculate your tincture as it agitates in a tank with additives. Our pump does not have to be primed, so it can suck the solution and pump it to the press at high pressures. From the press, the filtered solution flows in a closed system to your next process such as solvent recovery.
This unit will save you money the day you set it up. Labor savings alone pay for this machine. Because the unit is a closed-loop system, you will not lose solvent to evaporation during filtration.
We manufacture our equipment in the USA by skilled craftsmen using American-made components.
Manufacturing times vary. Shipping will be invoiced separately.