5LB MK-V Orthrus Bidirectional Flow Closed Loop Extractor
***Note: Butane(Solvent) not included with systems unless ordered with dropdown menu or separately. Any order with butane WILL NOT SHIP EXPEDITED.
DISCLAIMER: This unit is intended for LEGAL purposes only, to be used in accordance with local laws and ordinances. Use only in extremely well ventilated areas. Check with your local fire marshal for guidance when operating indoors
MK-V Bi-Directional Flow Closed Loop Reclamation Extraction System
(Comes with 1 yr. Limited warranty)
Please Read Optional Upgrades Section for Clarification on System Upgrades
DISCLAIMER: BY UPGRADING TO SWAGELOK VALVES YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ORDER MAY TAKE 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS TO BE FULFILLED AND EXPEDITED SHIPPING MAY NOT BE REFUNDED.
The 5lb Bi-Directional closed loop increases efficiency by utilizing both a bottom and top solvent input. By using a bottom flood on the first wash to ensure all material has seen solvent, preventing channeling through the material. Finish the run with a top flood input to ensure all residuals have been washed from the material. Oil bearing solvent is collected in the collection base under the material column. Once collected, solvent is distilled and recovered, leaving the oils in the collection base. This is a passive unit that utilizes pressure differences created by manipulating temperature to move solvent.
This unit can be upgraded into an Active recovery unit by purchasing the upgrade kit. https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/clasu-k-trs21.html
•12″x12″ Welded Bottom Base
•Assembled 12″ biflow lid
(2) Stacked 4″x24″ Material columns with reducer & top cap
4″ filter plate kit
2″ Solvent input manifold
2″ Ball Valve
#50 LP tank
1/4″ 48″ High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
1/4″ 72″ High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
3/8″ 72″ High Pressure PTFE Braided SS Hose
12″ clamps, (4)4″ clamps and a (5)2″ clamp with gaskets
(2)4″ Gaskets w/ filter Extra of each type of gasket
IF YOU SELECT HIGH PRESSURE CLAMP UPGRADE, you must also select the high pressure option with the other applicable upgrades to receive a system fully outfit with high pressure clamps. Upgrades come standard with single pin clamps.
• System Valves: Upgrades our Standard valves to High Quality USA Made SSP Instrumental or Swagelok fully encapsulated mini ball valves
• Base: Choose from our various collection bases. Standard base is a 12×12 welded bottom. The splatter platter replaces the 12×12 welded with a 12” splatter and 12”x12” open spool. The jacketed base has a 12”x12” fully jacketed base. The jacketed splatter platter upgrade has a jacketed splatter, jacketed 12×12 open spool
. • Recovery Tank: This upgrade changes the standard #50 LP tank with either: Dual Recovery adds a 2”x3” spool with (2) valves on the sides, extra hose, and an extra recovery tank. The dual recovery manifold clamps under one of the poly sights on the collection and allows user to recover to two LP tanks, cutting recovery times significantly. #50 Stainless Steel LP or a #50 Jacketed Stainless Steel Tank w/ Internal Condensing Coils.
• Dewaxing Column: This upgrade replaces the standard 4”x24” spools with their sleeved counterpart. The sleeve is packed with dry ice to freeze the material, stopping the waxes and lipids from being extracted.
• Inline Sight Glass: Adds a 2″ Inline Pipe sight glass. This is used to see solvent drop from the material column into the collection base.
• Active Upgrade Kits: Adds your choice of Active Recovery Kit https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/trs21-active-closed-loop-recovery-kit.html, which is used to speed up the recovery process, or the Active Recirculation/Recovery Kit https://www.bestvaluevacs.com/clasu-k-trs21.html, which allows you to recirculate solvent back thru the material column, then also speeds up recovery.
• 4″x 48″ 304 Stainless Steel Material Tube 5lb (900g)
•316 Stainless Steel Fully Encapsulated Miniature Ball Valves
• System Rated to 150PSI
• Multiple port connections for _” 316 Stainless JIC 37 Degree
• 304 Stainless Steel Base Container 12″ diameter by 12″ tall
• Tri-Clamps at all interfaces make for a high pressure, easy clean unit.
• Viton Gaskets are designed for Oil Processing Temp range -40-200F
• Dimensions (Inches): 25″ x 7.5′ Diameter overall size
• Weight: 80 lbs.
• Operating Temperature Range: -40F to 160F
• Ultimate Vacuum: as low as 10 Microns
• Base unit Maximum Capacity: 1275 cubic inches, (2.553 Liters)
• Construction: All components made of 304 Stainless Steel.
• Max Vacuum -29.9inHg
• High Polish Interior
Specification: 5LB MK-V Orthrus Bidirectional Flow Closed Loop Extractor